Dual Fuel Kit
What is Dual Fuel Technology?
- Dual Fueling is simultaneous combustion Methane rich gas (most often Natural gas) with Diesel as fuel.
- After conversion, the engine can continue to operate with only Diesel also. However, a ‘Gas only’ operation is not possible.
- During Dual Fuel operation, a reduced quantity of diesel fuel acts as the ignition source for the air-gas mixture.
- The Methane rich gas mix replaces significant proportion of Diesel to produce equivalent heat energy during combustion in the cylinder.
Benefits Of Dual Fuel Kit
- Flexibility – Can be operated on only diesel incase of non-availability of gas
- Field conversion is possible from diesel to dual fuel.
- Reduce the cost of generation – Dual fuel engines deliver financial savings through
- Reduced diesel fuel consumption. Gas is Cheaper than Diesel
- No power lose – Higher specific power output compared to gas engine
- Few moving components and hence low maintenance cost.
- Low capital cost compared to gas engine